8.01.2011

August 1.

Today is the first day of August. This is significant to me for a few reasons.

First and foremost, that means I am getting married in two months! Yep, it true. Two months from today, I marry my best friend. Ah!

Secondly, that also means summer is almost gone. When did that happen and where did it go? I have really had a great summer. But... there were SO many things I wanted to do this summer. Even though I haven't felt busy I guess I have stayed fairly busy. My summer has been filled with working at Ridgecrest, visiting family, playing with our sweet puppy, and enjoying so much time just hanging out with Chris. Yep, that all does make for a great summer but if I would have made a list of things to do this summer it would have included:
  • horseback riding
  • weekend away with Kat (plus lots of other times with her too!)
  • a lot of crafting
  • refinishing projects for our future (soon!!) home
  • working on wedding details galore
August 1 also means that two weeks from today I start my new job. I don't think I've ever been quite so nervous for a new job. I know it will be a great learning experience but I still feel like there are a lot of unknowns with it. Two weeks from today I will be in our classroom though. 

This summer really has been good and it will continue to be. But now I have to go and get ready for work! I am so thankful for my job this summer! :)





1 comment:

Moppy said...

2 months!! Wow!! I think it really hit me this weekend... my baby boy is going to marry one of the sweetest and most beautiful girl I know. I guess picking up bridesmaid dresses... buying my dress (are you sure it's ok?)... going to a wedding of someone who is younger than Chris and always thinking he was "so cool" because he talked to her when he was senior and she was a freshman... I find myself constantly thinking about the wedding and reception and rehearsal... and sometimes it's "awwwww" and some days it's "ahhhhhh". :-) Can't wait to see you again soon. Love you!!