4.03.2012

chick-fil-a knock off

I love me some Chick-fil-A! Seriously, I could eat there several times a week and not get tired of it! Yesterday morning as I was trying to rack my brain for something to do with the boneless skinless chicken breast that I already had, Chick-fil-a started to sound so very good! So I looked on Pinterest for a knock off recipe and found an amazing one! Here's the recipe I used.I can't find the one that I sort of followed but I changed it quite a bit anyway. Enjoy!!

Chick-fil-A Bites

Serves 2

Ingredients:
2 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup pickle juice
1 egg
1 1/4 cups flour
2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Directions:
1. Combine egg, milk and pickle juice in a large ziplock bag or bowl. Add chicken pieces and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.

2. Mix the flour, powdered sugar, salt and pepper in a large ziplock bag. Pull the chicken out of the "marinade" and add to the breading mixture. Shake to coat the chicken completely.

3. Heat the oil in a large skillet (I needed my burner on a 5 out of 10) Add the chicken. It took about 4 minutes on each side for my chicken to really brown up and cook well. I used a large skillet but this may need to be done in two portions so the skillet isn't to full.

4. When the chicken is done, use tongs and remove it from the pan on to a plate lined with paper towel.

Here is the sauce recipe I found too. I will say, I couldn't find the right brand and my sauce was good but not exact. So, if you can find Ken's honey mustard, then go for it!

Chick-fil-A Sauce

Serves: 1 cup
Start-to-Finish: 5 minutes
Recipe By: www.food.com

Ingredients:
1 cup Ken's honey mustard dressing (no brand substitutions or lite versions here, it makes a difference)
2 tsp smoky barbecue sauce

Directions:
1. Combine ingredients.
2. Cover and refrigerate until serving.

I bought a hickory smoke barbecue sauce and it was so good. I can't remember the brand for sure but it was just a basic one. This is what I used in the chick-fil-a sauce and just as a barbecue dipping sauce as well. Delicious! 

I bought frozen waffle fries and added a little seasoned salt to top it off. Oh wow! This will be a regular dinner for me to fix!!

No comments: