2.19.2011

i serve a big God.

How wonderful it is that my God is bigger than any stress I can ever feel and much bigger than cancer! Thursday evening we found out that my sweet Grandpa has cancer. He had been in the hospital all week but that was the very unfortunate news we heard. However, Poppy is actually feeling really well. They sent the biopsy to the Mayo clinic because they couldn't determine the type. They do know that it is a very rare location (in his bile duct near his gall bladder and liver) but were really reassuring that it is very treatable. Praise the Lord! When I saw the message from my mom I felt like the whole world was just caving in on me but was quickly reassured the next morning when I got to visit Poppy. He was so happy. Really, he was in such good spirits and was the one telling me that everything is going to be ok. And it is. He was able to come home on Friday afternoon and we all sat around after eating dinner together just chatting. Poppy started quoting scripture to us... 


Isaiah 40:31 ( <---- his favorite)
"but those who hope in the LORD 

   will renew their strength. 
They will soar on wings like eagles; 
   they will run and not grow weary, 
   they will walk and not be faint."


Ephesians 2:8-9
"For it is by grace you have been saved,
 through faith—and this is not from yourselves,
 it is the gift of God— not by works,
 so that no one can boast."

Even after he heard such scary news less than 24 hours before he was so hopeful and thankful for the strength and blessings of God. Why can't I be more like this? I over sleep and it causes me to be in a foul mood all day long. I have always admired my Poppy so much but the encouragement he has given me over the last week has changed my life. I want to become more like him. 

God really has blessed me with such a strong, Godly family. 

Thank you Lord for the many blessing you give me. Thank you for the family I have. For the strength and encouragement they give me in all aspects of my life. Thank you for Poppy and Grandma and the impact they have and continue to make on my life. ~Amen

No comments: