2.20.2011

Scripture Sunday

O LORD, you have searched me and known me!
  You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
you discern my thoughts from afar.
  You search out my path and my lying down
and are acquainted with all my ways.
  Even before a word is on my tongue,
behold, O LORD, you know it altogether.
 Psalm 139:1-4 ESV


I have really been struggling with what to write about on here even though I want to so often. A couple times a day I will start writing a post and either delete it or just save it and not come back to it. I like the idea of having a theme for each day, at least for when I don't know what to write about so Sunday will be "Scripture Sunday." I got this idea because today I opened quite possibly my favorite birthday present of all time. I got a beautiful new Bible from my parents. It is a really nice study Bible. I'm so excited to dive deeper in to scripture with more background and references than I've ever had access to. 

So, about this scripture.. I think about the quote "A true friend knows all about you and loves you just the same." God loves us even though we don't deserve it. I have a few notes from Sunday school the other day that I thought of and looked back at. We were talking about God's Grace and the note said "It's not about us; it's because He wants to." We can't make God happy enough to have his blessings, we always fall short, yet He does it anyway! Pastor Chris described it like a dictatorship for good. God is going to bless us even though He knows us inside and out and knows our sinful nature.  The song "I Am a Friend Of God" always makes me smile. How awesome is it that we can be friends, true friends with God?

You definitely don't need my "insight" or commentary on this verse or any I will be posting in the future but this is how it affected me. What about you? 

I'll post a picture of my beautiful new Bible in a few days when I get my new camera in! I bought an awesome Nikon that I cannot wait to receive!! Yay!

I'll be 23 in 18 minutes, yep, I'm getting old! But I'm continually learning that its exciting and there are so many things to look forward to! Here's to a great year as a 23 year old! 


No comments: