5.17.2011

planning for the "big" day!

When I first started blogging I had it in my mind that it would be so fun to blog when I was engaged to talk wedding stuff all the time. Obviously, that has not happened. I would like to say I've been so busy doing meaningful things but unfortunately I can't say that I have. Although, I don't feel like I have had much free time. 


You see, after the initial shock and excitement of getting to marry my sweet man the planning took a quick halt! I don't like making decisions. I definitely don't like struggled with everyone looking at me and saying "it's your wedding, it's whatever YOU want!" But I suppose I've got over that and I'm getting busy with this planning!


The stuff that only pertains to me has been EASY! My dress, shoes, jewelry, and possible veil were all quick and easy decisions! I bought the first dress I tried on and still am in absolutely love! I haven't put it back on yet but I'm just waiting for my jewelry to come in. These decisions were easy because I didn't feel like they really effected anyone else, those are the kind I don't mind making!


But in the last few weeks I have picked the bridesmaid dresses and purchased the sweet flower girl dresses! I can't wait to see our precious flower girls in the little dresses! I also purchased flowers for my bouquet and the bridesmaids! I worked on my bouquet, its not perfect but I am loving it! Sorry for the poor picture quality, you'd think I'd use my awesome Nikon but the iPhone was more convenient to snap a quick pic of this. 




So, I've got my attire and bouquet {close to} done. I'm ready to get married! :) 


We've also "booked" our officiant, checked out tuxes (I can't wait to see Chris all dressed up and looking snazzy!), started purchasing/collecting things for centerpieces, and I'm beginning to work on the invitations  Woohoo! Here are a couple little things I've worked on to put on tables or something... Can you guess what our reception theme will be?








I am so excited for all of the ideas to come together and see the final product! 137 days 'til we say "I do!"


Ok, I'm also excited cause I just got off the phone for a second interview for a Para job for the Fall! :) 


Hopefully, I'll get back to blogging, I really do enjoy it so much!! :)


Oh! I almost forgot... check out our wedding website! Heres the link! Make sure to sign the guestbook too!

No comments: