5.30.2011

marriage excitement.

I just posted a random, somewhat quirky post about my excitement for our wedding but even more than the excitement of the wedding I am excited for our marriage. I get to marry this handsome, funny, strong, and brilliant man and spend the rest of my life with him. "The rest of my life." Ah! I'm getting married! :) 

Lately, I have been thinking so much about what kind of wife I will be. When I think about our marriage I want to be the wife from old tv shows. I want to clean house, have dinner ready when Chris gets home, have a fresh baked pie on the table (I've never made a pie), and be ready to sit at dinner and talk about our days. OK... Don't worry, this makes me laugh by even writing it but I'm really fairly serious with it all. I want to be that wife.

But MUCH more importantly, I want to be a Godly wife. I want Chris and I to be totally and completely focused on God, individually and together.

I found a really interesting blog. The author's husband is a minister and she wrote about being a Godly wife. I enjoyed the whole post but I enjoyed this quote especially. (Head over here to check out her blog, its definitely one I will be reading more often!)
Women were CREATED for their husband. God carefully chose us as gifts to them and them to us. We are called to be a helper to our man. This was God’s plan for us from the beginning.
Please pray for me as I continue to dive in to scripture and some other books to learn more about what a Godly wife is. I would love to hear what you think or if you have suggestions on books or passages to read as well.  

No comments: