3.08.2011

unorganized me.

It's probably a good thing that I didn't stick to my original major in college: management. I'm realizing lately that I can't seem to manage anything well lately. I have always struggled with time management and procrastination. No matter how much I wish it wasn't so.. I. Am. Lazy. I have a lot on my plate right now, but that is NOT a complaint. I am really thankful for each thing that I am involved in and/or responsible for. However, I feel like everything is being done halfway.. I'm really going to try to start planning better.


A couple years ago I was talking to my cheer coach at SBU and she suggested planning everything that needs to be done and putting a time frame on it. My vision for this is to plan my evenings in 15 minute increments or so and put everything that needs to be done in to a time slot. I'm hoping if I plan everything out then maybe the laziness will be conquered and so will my to-do list. Just like my post from yesterday said I really want to enjoy Springtime and fill it with things that I love to do (or think I would love to do if I had the time).


I've started teaching/helping coordinate Kids Worship on Sundays (what a FUN experience!!). This is something that I really want to dive in to and do well with! Stay tuned for more posts about this because I leave feeling so encouraged from those precious kiddos (mixed with a bit of exhaustion as well!) and there are usually a few funny quotes too!
Source
School has become very time consuming lately as well. I'm taking Children's Literature and Administration in Early Childhood. They are intense! I'v never read so much in my life! I'm really enjoying all of these classic children's books though! My administration class is really cool too! I'm basically drawing up plans for childcare facility from the ground up, all the way from floor plans to enrollment forms. This isn't exactly a goal in my life but I am enjoying learning about the process of it all. The really fun part is that we can dream as big as we want and have the facility of our dreams! The funding for the plans can be a dream too... I haven't come up with a plan yet but I'm sure I'll come up with something, any ideas?


I hope you're staying more organized in life than me! How do you stay organized and find time to do the things you have to do plus the things you love to do? I'd love to hear about it!



No comments: