2.07.2012

wife of a firefighter.

Being a wife is such an exciting adventure but being the wife of a firefighter is a whole adventure in itself! I am so proud of Chris and his TWO firefighting jobs. He is gone for 24 hours at one station and goes directly to the next station for 12 hours so that means two long evenings by myself back to back. I get kind of freaked out being by myself all the time which is why I am very thankful for our sweet pup Dakota to keep me company!

When I am missing Chris and wishing he was home it really gets me thinking about the other spouses of firefighters that are in the same boat that I am. It sure does help to know he is helping the community and even saving lives. I also think about the military spouses out there who have loved ones overseas for much more than two nights. I absolutely cannot imagine having to be away from Chris for months at a time, praying for his safety all the time.

The phrase "distance makes the heart grow fonder" is so true. I adore Chris and fall more and more in love with him all the time but knowing we have less time together definitely makes us value that time more and more.

Any of you wives that have a husband away for one reason or another I feel for you! How do you cope with the loneliness or adapt to a new routine?

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 18:2

No comments: